Sunday, October 13, 2013

Family Walk After A Rain

Family walk after a heavy rain. We enjoyed alone the road - fresh I mean extremely fresh air and beautiful fall views.


Gunnarson family's Chrysanths  looks really good today.

Sweet home.



Robert family's apple tree. I know that its apple tasted very good today!





Mountains one year after big wild fire. 




Lawrence's weather station and the mountain.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

DIY A Majestic Shed

We started the project in the spirit to utilize my furlough time in August - Lily is fully supportive this ideal! Then, after a few times of observation in Home Depot, we like what the Handy Home Majestic 8'x12' DIY Kit looks, and its functionality and its price. It's just $999! on that day.

We rent Home Depot $20 truck to delivery the Kit Package to our home on 03 AUG. Store stuff put on the truck and when arrived our home, we broke the packaging material and moved the 1200 lbs. wood material to our garage.

On 07 AUG evening, we started to level the ground. And we make some enhancement to the original Build Plan. We changed the original jostles spacing from 24" to 16" for the Floor frame and the two Side Wall frames; We replaced original two pieces of (8' long + 4' long) outside frame studs (of Floor) to one piece of whole 12' long stud. We also purchased two 4x4x12' treated wood studs for the runner under the floor frame and we bought drip edges too.

Shingles and Painting are big items we haven't forget. Plus, nails, screws... I went to Home Depot more than three times and Ace Hardware two times...

Add all those stuff together, we probably spent additional $450.

And, we don't use any nail gun, WE USE OUR NEW HAMMER ONLY!

Here is the kind of progress report......

07 AUG evening, started to level ground...

Trying to move pop-up sprinklers...

Putting on two treated 4x4x12' runner...

Trying to level 4x4x12' runners...

Trying to level 4x4x12' runners...

Lily was painting the DSB floor panels...

Painted DSB floor panels... (2 of 3)

Use hammer to assembly the floor frame in our garage... (Our new purchased 16 oz. hammer can be seen here)

Moved the assembled floor frame into place... (enhancement can be seen, 10x 8' jostles instead of original designed 7x )

Lily was painting the gaps after the floor panels nailed down.

The side wall panel being assembled in garage...

Albert was cutting for the additional Ventilation Windows in back wall panel.

Assembled back wall panel.

Assembled Side Walls, Back Wall Panel and Front Wall Panel were moved to driveway.

Back Wall Panel being installed...

After one side wall and back wall panel installed, Noah is enjoying his time... (16" spacing jostles can be seen. There is 10x in total instead of original designed for 7x in total. Also the additional Ventilation Window cut is seen on back wall panel here.)

Two Side Walls, Back Wall Panel and Front Wall Panel were installed...

Lily was assembling the truss... 

Three of total five trusses had been installed...

Wall joint protective trims and five trusses were installed...

Gable trims and two roof panels were installed...

We saw double rainbows after installed felt on roof...

Door is added...

Front panel with felt seen...

Shingles were installed...

Shingles were installed...

Front Windows were installed...

Front Windows were installed...

Front door locker was installed...

Frame studs being installed for loft and workbenches...

At 12:17 on 17 AUG 2013, the 8'x12' DIY Shed finally finished!

Looks majestic!

Inside glance.

Ventilation Window on back wall panel.

Looks majestic!

Looks majestic!

About at 15:34 on 17 AUG 2013, a thunderstorm was coming to test the majestic shed...Then a crazy wind went through our area (one of our neighbor's trampoline was blown away from backyard to the street, jumping over the 6-foot fence). ...But..., our DIY SHED is great, no single shingle lost!